Tell me about yourself

I was asked to tell someone about myself in a few words. With 67 years of life under my belt, which aspect of myself do I share? Big sigh. The sigh is for me, not the question. That is a legitimate question but one I never fail to hate. Introductions at groups have always been difficult for me. So, I said a quick prayer and typed the following. I think it adequately describes where I am at today in my ministry:

 I consider my primary calling as a Bible teacher, though I have served on more than one occasion as pastor. In the early "90s," the Lord led me to submit to having hands laid on me and being sent forth. As you can imagine, being raised in a complementarian denomination, I was not totally comfortable with this. But I knew I was hearing from the Holy Spirit.

 

I was completely comfortable walking out my calling in an unofficial capacity. I was busy about the Lord's business and becoming known as a "Lady Preacher" held zero appeal for me. 


The first book the Holy Spirit led me to write was a book on Bible prophecy. I actually began the work writing about Redemption and saw, as it progressed, that Bible prophecy is all about the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Period. So simple. That's why I called it, "Redemption: Bible Prophecy Simplified. 


That being said, in 2003, God called me to address the issue of Christian response to domestic violence. And in 2008, I felt a strong leading to advocate for God's daughters in church leadership along with exposing the two-sided-coin of the complementarian issue of female submission to male governance and its correlation with abuse and domestic abuse/violence in Christian homes. 


The question was timely as I have just started a column on God and Women on another platform.


What about you? What brought you to my blog? Tell me about yourself!

1 comment: