While I was writing WOMAN SUBMIT!

 


 Q: How difficult was it for you to write Woman Submit? 

A: At first, it was very difficult. I share in the acknowledgments section of the book that "The subject of domestic violence is not a subject I would normally choose to immerse myself in. God knows it is only by His grace that I was able to complete this work at all. I confess I set it down and allowed it to collect dust far too often while burying myself in other projects." 
 
When I finally got serious about writing the book, I began going through my journals and found that I had already written a rough draft of approximately ten chapters, which is how many chapters the finished book has. Most of what went into the first draft had been written over a period of several years while still living in the crucible of abuse. 
 

It was an emotionally charged project for me, but I felt a burden to speak up and to do it quickly. It took me almost four years from the events described in chapter one to write and publish Woman Submit! During the interval,  according to 2005 FBI statistics, over 4000 women died from domestic violence.


Do you have a question about domestic violence or Jocelyn's book, Woman Submit!? Leave it in the comment section.


Read Jocelyn's full interview HERE.


 


... 
Woman Submit! Christians & Domestic Violence: Andersen, Jocelyn: 9780979429309: Amazon.com: Books

Author and speaker, Jocelyn Andersen, is an eclectic Christian writer. She is a Bible teacher who writes about many subjects including Bible prophecy and equality of the sexes. She is best known for her advocacy in domestic violence awareness. Her book, Woman Submit! Christians & Domestic Violence, has been a staple in the library of resources on that subject.  

To receive Jocelyn's newsletters, subscribe HERE.

To receive an announcement from Amazon whenever a new book is released by Jocelyn Andersen, subscribe to Her Amazon author's page.

To Contact Jocelyn: Use the contact form in the sidebar of her blog at www.jocelynandersen.com to leave comments on her books, to reach her with questions, or to request for her to come and speak at your group.


No comments:

Post a Comment