Precious in the sight of the Lord...: Chuck Missler 1934-2018

   Another of history's great intellects and soul-winners has gone from us. Few will disagree (whether they agreed with his theology or not) that among Bible scholars, Chuck Missler was a giant. 
   Do I agree with all of his conclusions? Of course not. But who among us agrees 100% with anyone else among us? I never doubted for a moment that he was my Christian brother, laboring in God's vineyard. 
   I enjoyed the challenges he issued on many topics, always saying, "Don't take my word for it. Study it for yourself, and come to your own conclusion." I loved his "out-of-the-box" thinking, and I had no trouble standing with him on how awesome our Savior and His WORD is.   
   Yes, I strongly disagreed with his complementarian position on male leadership. I still do. But I have never been one to throw out the baby with the bath water, and I just as heartily agreed with him on his constant urging for Christians to end biblical illiteracy by reading and studying their Bibles for themselves
    Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. My life and faith has been greatly enriched by his life and many of his teachings and challenges. I believe that we are the poorer for the loss of Chuck Missler. And my heart is greatly saddened that he is gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment