Jesus is ELOHIM: The God of Israel


Can anyone explain to me how Jesus can be ELOHIM of Israel and YAHWEH (that would mean he is the Most High God) and yet be subordinate at the same time, as patriarchal/complementarian scholars claim in their heretical and hierarchical eternal sonship theology?

Ezekiel and John both identify Jesus as being the God of Israel. And, of course, we have the plain statement of Thomas--"My LORD and my GOD." How many Gods would a Jewish man have had? 

There are many scriptural witnesses to the fact that Jesus is YAHWEH, Ezekiel 43:1-3 as compared to Revelation 1:13-15 being just two of them.

Afterward he brought me to the gate even the gate that looks toward the east And behold the glory of ELOHIM of Israel came from the way of the east and his voice was like a noise of many waters and the earth shined with his glory 3: And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar EK 1:26-28 and I fell upon my face

Jesus is ELOHIM of Israel whose voice is as the noise of many waters Revelation 1:13-15. Jesus [The WORD John 1:1] is the one who was on the throne at the river Chebar, the one Ezekiel described as the appearance and Glory of YHWH EK 1:26-28.


There is no hierarchy within the Godhead. And as such, according to prominent complementarian scholars, there can be no gender-based hierarchy within marriage, ministry, or anywhere else. 

This title is only available on Lulu




Yes, these books all dovetail nicely with one another in how the Godhead factors into the God & Women conversation. 

They make a great resource quad! They make great educational gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment