Book Review: The Message for the Last Days by K.J.Soze

Review by Jocelyn Andersen
I regret that I must break from my policy of "No Bad Reviews," but books I receive from Book Crash, are sent under the condition that I place a 200 word, honest and fair, review on my blog--whether I like the book or not. 

As one of the subjects I write about is Bible Prophecy, K. J. Soze's, The  Message for the Last Days, caught my eye. I did not expect to agree with everything the author wrote (some eschatological disagreement would not necessarily have garnered the book a bad review), but I did expect to glean some fresh insight into a topic I am passionate about.

Instead, I found, what I considered, spurious definitions in the book and was disappointed that Soze had redefined such basic tenets of the Christian faith as: Free Will, New Birth, Assurance, Heaven and Hell (not a complete list). The author's views on these differ widely from what one would expect from a professing Christian, so widely in fact, that the simple Gospel of Salvation, Faith, and Assurance is called "a hybrid gospel."

I believe I was the right audience for this book, as theology and eschatology are subjects I study and write about on a daily basis [for the past 38 years]. I often challenge the status quo of tradition when it comes to biblical interpretation. But I cannot recommend a book that seems to be entirely devoted to "deprogramming" Christians by telling them most everything they have ever believed about what the Bible teaches is wrong. 

I felt some of the author's claims aligned more with Watchtower Society than traditional Christianity. 

1 comment: